Code of Conduct
Columbus DSA prohibits the following behavior:
- Harassment (in-person or online) including, but not limited to stalking or ongoing unwanted contact outside DSA events, abuse, yelling, insults, violence or threats thereof, blackmail, deliberate intimidation, non-consensual physical contact, or ongoing unwelcome sexual/romantic attention.
- Harmful or prejudicial comments related to sexual orientation, gender identity, physical appearance, neurodivergence, sobriety, national origin, body size, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, religion or lack thereof, and the use of slurs or hate speech generally.
- Irreconcilable disagreement with the core principles of the organization as stated in the chapter’s mission statement.
- Engagement in intentional ongoing disruptive behavior at chapter events
- Acting in a concerted manner within DSA under the discipline or coordination of an outside organization.
- Misuse of chapter resources such as misappropriation of funds or materials.
- Misrepresenting Columbus DSA such as claiming to speak as an official representative of the chapter without permission from the Coordinating Committee or membership, unauthorized use of chapter communications, using chapter membership to campaign for public office without the chapter’s endorsement.